Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions of Use, dated as of November 2012, govern use by all Users of this website (the “Website”) and the electronic edition of the publications subscribed to by the User or the User's institution (the "Electronic Publication(s)"). Please read the following carefully because by accessing this site, you are agreeing to abide by these Terms and Conditions of Use.
If you work with an institution, your institution may have a License which permits you additional uses; contact your institution's librarian/administrator for more information.
The entire contents of the Website and the Electronic Publications, and each article and abstract and other material available through this site are protected by copyright (unless otherwise indicated on the title page of the article). As a User, you have certain rights specified below; all other rights are reserved.
- Licensee – The individual or institutional customer whohas agreed to this License granting access to the Electronic Publications.
- Authorized Users – If the License is granted to an institution, those persons who are authorized by the institutional Licensee may have access to the Electronic Publications. Authorized Users must be current bona fide faculty members, students, researchers, staff members, librarians, executives or employees of the Licensee, or contractors engaged by the Licensee, provided such contractors have been informed of, and agree to abide by, the Terms and Conditions of Use set forth herein and they access the Website via the Licensee’s Secure Network as defined in the License signed by the Licensee as applicable[DLN1] . Walk-in Users from the general public or business invitees may also be permitted by the Licensee to access the Electronic Publications from designated terminals with a Licensee-controlled IP address. These designated terminals shall be physically located in libraries or similar physical premises directly controlled by the Licensee.
- Intellectual Property Rights – These rights include, without limitation, patents, trademarks, trade names, design rights, copyright (including rights in computer software), database rights, rights in know-how and other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered, which may subsist anywhere in the world. The Authorized Users acknowledge that the Electronic Publications, the Website, and the Intellectual Property Rights contained therein are protected by law. All rights not specifically licensed to the Licensee are expressly reserve by Wiley.
- Electronic Publications - All products, services and content available on the Website shall be deemed included within the definition of Electronic Publications.
Rules of Use
To make the Electronic Publication useful, the following rules apply:
- Individual Licensees and institutional Authorized Users, including Walk-in Users, will have access to all content on the Website. Authorized Users may browse the Content Directory for all Electronic Publications on the Website regardless of what Licensed Electronic Products the institution subscribes to and search the entire database of content directory and abstracts. If included, Authorized Users may browse the abstracts as well.
- Authorized Users at institutions which have subscribed to Electronic Publications and Authorized Users who have access under a Society or Personal License will have access to the full text of the Licensed Electronic Publication. Authorized Users may download, search, retrieve, display and view, copy and save to hard disk or diskette and store or print out single copies of individual articles or items for their own personal use, scholarly, educational or scientific research or internal business use. Authorized Users may also transmit such material to a third-party colleague in hard copy or electronically for personal use or scholarly, educational, or scientific research or professional use but in no case for re-sale, systematic redistribution or for any other use. In addition, Authorized Users have the right to use, with appropriate credit, figures, tables and brief excerpts from individual articles in the Electronic Publication(s) in their own scientific, scholarly and educational works.
- Except as provided above, Authorized Users may not copy, distribute, transmit or otherwise reproduce, sell or resell material from Electronic Publications (s); store such material in any form or medium in a retrieval system; download and/or store an entire issue of an Electronic Publication or its equivalent; or transmit such material, directly or indirectly, for use in any paid service such as document delivery or list serve, or for use by any information brokerage or for systematic distribution, whether or not for commercial or non-profit use or for a fee or free of charge.
- Authorized Users agree not to remove, obscure or modify any copyright or proprietary notices, author attribution or any disclaimer as they appear on the Electronic Publications. Authorized Users may not integrate material from the Electronic Publication(s) with other material or otherwise create derivative works in any medium. However, brief quotations for purposes of comment, criticism or similar scholarly purposes are not prohibited herein.
- Authorized Users may not do anything to restrict or inhibit any other Authorized User's access to or use of the Electronic Publication(s).
- If an Authorized User refuses or fails to abide by these Terms and Conditions or violates any other terms of this Agreement, Wiley reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate their access to the Electronic Publications immediately without notice, in addition to any other available remedies.
- Authorized Users shall not have the right to incorporate any material from the Licensed Electronic Publications into any institutional or other repository under any circumstances without Wiley’s prior written approval.
Wiley is not responsible for any charges associated with accessing the Website and/or the Electronic Publications, including, but not limited to, any computer equipment, telephone or Internet connections and access software.
Wiley may modify any of these terms and conditions at any time by providing notice on the Website. An Authorized User’s continued use of the Electronic Publications shall be conclusively deemed acceptance of such modification.
Wiley may provide links to third-party websites. Where such links exist, Wiley disclaims all responsibility and liability for the content of such third-party websites. Authorized Users assume the sole responsibility for the accessing of third-party websites and the use of any content appearing on such websites.
Privacy and Data Protection Policy
In addition Wiley may offer additional services, including optional E-mail Alerting Services, which are opted into by registration and may be opted out of at any time. By choosing to take advantage of this and other services offered by Wiley, Authorized Users consent to the use of their information for the purposes of providing these services.
Session Control Cookie: Session control cookies are used on most Websites today because they facilitate navigation. In order to use the Website and access the Electronic Publications, Authorized Users must have their browsers set to accept cookies.
Once an Authorized User is signed onto the Website, Wiley’s Web server uses a temporary cookie to help Wiley manage the visit to the service. This Session Control Cookie is deleted when the Authorized User clicks on the Logout button or when the Authorized User quits the browser. This cookie allows Wiley to quickly determine access control rights and personal preferences during the online session. The Session Control Cookie is set out of necessity and not out of convenience.
Remember Me Cookie: When an Authorized User registers to gain access to the Website, the Authorized User is asked to choose a user name and password. Every time the Authorized User logs intothe Website, he/she will be asked to enter this unique user name and password. Authorized Users have the option of storing this information on their computers as a permanent cookie by selecting the ‘Remember Me’ option when logging in. This feature is optional and user controlled. The Remember Me cookie can be deleted at any time by clicking on the Logout button.
Authorized Users must be careful not to store their user name and password as a cookie on any computer that is not their own, since doing so would enable other users coming to that computer to access the Electronic Publications under their name and to have access to their My Profile page.
THE ELECTRONIC PUBLICATIONS AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; THE USE OF THE ELECTRONIC PUBLICATIONS, AND ALL MATERIALS IS AT THE AUTHORIZED USER’S OWN RISK; ACCESS TO THE ELECTRONIC PUBLICATIONS MAY BE INTERRUPTED AND MAY NOT BE ERROR FREE; AND NEITHER WILEY NOR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE ELECTRONIC PUBLICATIONS, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE AUTHORIZED USER'S USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE ELECTRONIC PUBLICATIONS AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN.